So, I’m back in St. Louis. MY TOWN! MY CITY! And we take Mardi Gras celebrations pretty serious around here. So I thought to myself, what is a great way to keep your hair out of your face during festivities while still looking cute AF? Spacebuns! They have quickly become my new favorite hairdo. They take less than 5 minutes to throw up and like it said, cute AF.
The best part about spacebuns is the messier the better. There is no right or wrong way to do them. I like braiding my pigtails back, but if braiding is hard for you just throw ’em in two simple piggytails!
- IGK Down & Out – a spray wax that gives you the perfect second day hair. Because everyone knows second day hair is the best!
- IGK Sutro purple ombre – to add that touch of Mardi Gras purple without the commitment of permanent color!
- IGK Intern Hairspray – to make sure your style lasts all day long!
- Part your hair down the middle and put in two small rubber bands. Like if you were to do a half-up-half-down ponytail, but split in two! If you’re more advanced or have someone who likes braiding near by, braid them back to add some extra flair!
- Spray Down & Out in the ponytails (and all over for that extra textured look).
- One at a time, hold a pony tail straight up and tease downward with your favorite teasing comb or brush.
- Take your teased pony tail and wrap it around itself until you like the way your bun looks and pin it with a few bobby pins. Repeat on the opposite side.
- Use Sutro ombre spray on your part, buns, and a few pieces throughout your hair. Especially right around your face! Go to town. What’s great about Sutro spray is you can’t over do it. It won’t make your hair feel crunchy or look like spraypaint. Added bonus: you can easily brush over it and the color won’t disappear (until you wash it out, obviously).
- Finish with Intern Hairspray to make sure your style lasts all day/night! Because let’s be honest… Mardi Gras can get pretty crazy!
Happy Mardi Gras! Drink responsibly, look out for one another, and most of all have fun!
(Yes, those are my real lashes. I’m telling you: Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara is the ISH! Get it!)
Comment below to tell me what you think! What would you like to see from me this year? And who would like some more YouTube videos?!
Thanks for stopping by! xoxo